Friday, September 12, 2014

Rosti

Rosti with "daddy eggs" (as my children call them because daddy makes them for them this way and they love them).
I went with my husband on a business trip to Switzerland last year and it was love at first bite with Rosti. I was determined to learn to make them. This is the closest I've gotten.

Rosti
4-5 medium potatoes
salt
pepper
4 T butter


Parboil 4-5 medium russet potatoes. Put them in a pot of cold water and boil them for exactly 6 minutes. Then let them completely cool in the fridge. Once cool peel them and grate them. Melt 2 T butter in a large skillet, once melted put the grated potatoes in the skillet and gently press down. Cook at medium for about 10 mins until the edges are golden. Carefully put a plate inside your skillet top side down and flip the potatoes over onto the plate. I like to use pot holders on my hands while doing that. Melt another 2T butter in the skillet and carefully slide the potatoes back into the pan to cook the other side. Once the second side is golden brown put the plate back in the skillet and flip the pan to get the potatoes onto the plate. Salt and enjoy!

No comments: