Monday, October 24, 2011
Stuffed spaghetti squash
This recipe was delicious. I filled mine with ground bison, onion, garlic, squash, tomatoes, Italian tomato sauce, bread crumbs, mozzarella and parmesan.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Recipe by Courtney
* 1 spaghetti squash, cut lengthwise
* 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 tsp minced garlic
* 1/2 cup diced onion
* 2 celery stalks
* 4-5 baby carrots (or one carrot)
* 1/2 cup peppers
* 2 slices turkey bacon
* 1/2 cup each, zucchini & yellow squash
* 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
* 1/2 cup Italian-style diced tomatoes
* 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
* 3/4 cup marinara sauce
* 3 tbsp Chavrie goat cheese
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
* parmesan cheese
* Salt, pepper, dried basil, or any other spices you enjoy
Preheat oven to 375F. Halve the squash length-wise and scrape out the seeds. Place the halves of the squash in a large pot of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in olive oil. Add celery, carrots, peppers, and turkey bacon softened. Add zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and spinach and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Scrape the meat out of the squash and place in a large bowl. Add the sauteed veggies, breadcrumbs, marinara sauce, goat cheese, and spices. Mix and return the mixture to the empty squash halves. Top with extra marinara, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Bake until the top is bubbling and melted. ENJOY!
Posted by Kerstin at 6:25 PM